The Untapped Power of Organizational Empathy
Empathy has been widely misunderstood and misconstrued in corporate environments. Yet, it is a vital skill for human and business flourishing. This cutting-edge seminar draws on extensive multidisciplinary research in business, science, psychology and philosophy, to make empathy practical, learnable and rewarding to practice in competitive business environments.
What You Will Learn
- How empathy can help your team work happier/smarter and unlock potential for creativity, growth and innovation
- A novel framework to develop personal and organizational empathy
- Techniques to build empathetic connections with friends, colleagues and customers
- The difference between effective empathy and ineffective empathy
- How to avoid the ineffective empathy trap and recognize delusive forms of empathy
- Empathy is a skill. All human beings have the capacity to empathize. Some have cultivated their skill better than others
- Empathy is not a zero sum game. Used effectively empathy benefits both the giver and the receiver.
Who Should Attend
- Product teams, design teams, marketing teams, customer success teams, cross functional teams
- Leadership teams (we offer executive training).
Who is the Facilitator
Sylvie Leotin is a tech-savvy, business savvy polymath, with a unique approach to bridging the worlds of business, science, technology and philosophy. Trusted as a problem solver and creative thinker, she serves as consultant and workshop facilitator to startups and Fortune 1000 companies.
How to Book a Seminar
Contact us here to request a seminar for your team or organization, and unleash your organizational empathy potential. The session will alternate between lecture and interactive and experiential learning exercises. It is 2-hour long.